Tuesday, September 7, 2010

goodbye driving creek cafe... for now


yesterday was my last working day at the cafe!!! that exclamation is out of "oh, my goodness i'm leaving," not "thank goodness it's over." my 12 weeks here have been a surprisingly wonderful experience full of fantastic people, fun projects, delicious food, all the organic, free-trade coffee i could drink, great walks in the bush, lots of local flavor and unforgettable conversations/debates. it's the perfect time to head onward but i'm still really excited to come BACK for christmas (and the month of january) to see coromandel town and the cafe in the summer light (more people, more sunshine and much more on in general).

from here i'm taking the afternoon ferry to auckland and on friday i'm hopping the train down to wellington to visit with my dear friend maureen.

i'm lucky that i didn't feel the earthquake in christchurch and my friends in the area are all OK.

to those in the states, HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND!!! enjoy the sun for me as it is POURING rain here!

No comments:

Post a Comment