Sunday, October 3, 2010

gavin, angela and zumba!

gavin and angela were my wonderful hosts in invercargill for 2 nights. he owns an private electric company and she is a rep for several new zealand brands (including whittaker's chocolate!!!). they began taking couchsurfers a few months ago and i was only there 2nd! i felt so lucky to have met them - angela picked me up at the bus station, took me to the invercargill museum, to a local craft fair and gave me a tour of the city (even though it rained, hailed and the wind blew several trees down near their house). angela also introduced me to zumba - a dance excersize that she is quite into - which was entertaining to say the least. i spent friday afternoon at the local pool and swim some laps before giving gavin and angela a slide presentation of "me" (they were really interested in life in the states) and we watched the bachelor after dinner.

sadly, i decided that the weather was not favorable to head down to stewart island and that i'll save that trip for later but i was glad i ventured down to invercargill because meeting gavin and angela was really wonderful and i am so grateful that they shared their home and some great home cooking with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment